List - This article is considered a List-class article on the wiki quality scale
- 1 Difficulty
- 2 Added requirements
- 3 Does The Commonwealth count as Poland for the "Poland can into space" achievement?
- 4 List-class on the quality chart
- 5 Achievement #66
- 6 Own page for achievements
- 7 1.9 achievements
- 8 Achievement version compatibility
- 9 The tables/multicolumns are still broken
- 10 The Three Mountains
Sunset invasion is significantly easier then it used to be (notably you don't get auto attacked before you can westernise) and should be dropped at least one category. A ton of these seem just based off of the original Paradox classes and not real difficulty... Like Rum should be way lower, whereas Albania Iberia should be way higher. I strongly feel that these should be adjusted closer to real difficulty then to old theory. 188.8.131.52 16:07, 8 January 2015 (CET)
- Since Paradox doesn't classify newer achievements, feel free to recategorize old achievements wherever that makes sense. ~ Meneth (talk) 16:51, 10 January 2015 (CET)
- Paradox says otherwise. You can see for yourself, go to Europa Universalis IV/common/achievements.txt, above a list of achievements there is a commented out section stating it's difficulty. --KaTiON (talk) 20:14, 31 October 2013 (CET)
- Well Paradox has no idea of their own game, take a look at http://steamcommunity.com/stats/236850/achievements/ and http://astats.astats.nl/astats/Steam_Game_Info.php?AppID=236850, It's all about luck is very often achieved because it does not factor the army size, for example, maybe a notion that these are the official difficulties awould be good. --184.108.40.206 16:19, 22 April 2014 (CEST)
- thanks, i don't know this file
- Ehrm, Shahanshah takes literally 1 minute max from the 1444 starting date using 1.9 iron man. How is that "very hard"? Asmodai (talk) 22:11, 30 January 2015 (CET)
- Let's put it in the easy category until paradox fix this (or say it is the way we are supposed to do it). In my opinion, the very easy category should be reserved to the achievements that can be done in a single game by any players including the beginners. Those are not country specific so even if shahanshah is incredibly easy, it's not something a beginner would get so I recommend placing it in easy until paradox answer--IAeS (talk) 17:21, 31 January 2015 (CET)
- I've personally confirmed that it can be obtained by simply releasing Persia as a vassal and making the switch, so it is definitely staying in very easy for now. If/when it gets fixed it should be moved back to very hard. ~ Meneth (talk) 20:06, 2 February 2015 (CET)
- Well now they fixed that, so I moved it where it supposed to be, according to Paradox--Alexssb (talk) 22:49, 26 February 2015 (CET)
So I opened the Achievements file and just typed in whatever the requirements were in plain English. I skipped a few because they were "Country has some specific tag" and the tags weren't always very descriptive. I will try to come back and fill those in later, or someone could go ahead and do it for me. - entirelyalive.
Also, the file has something for France called "azur_seme_de_lis_or". If anyone knows how this is supposed to be rendered in actual text, please fix. - entirelyalive
- Nice work. Perhaps it'd be an it'd be better to format it as a table? ~ Meneth (talk) 15:57, 13 August 2013 (CEST)
Does The Commonwealth count as Poland for the "Poland can into space" achievement?
- I believe not, I already had a game as the commonwealth a while ago, it appears since the tag changes the achievement as well is strictly for poland, but I have not attempted it again it may just have been a bug but I doubt it since I got the grand army and viva la revolution achievements in the same game
List-class on the quality chart
Wich one is this internal? Some time ago, exist on steam list something like "this is not achievement" but now there isn't somethink like this. Can someone tell me witch is only for test? 220.127.116.11 13:40, 22 January 2014
- They hid it from public view some time ago, Steam still recognizes 66 achievements in the progress bar but if you visit the achievements page proper and count them, there are only 65. → KaTiON (Talk | Contribs) ← 02:20, 23 January 2014 (CET)
Own page for achievements
Should we create a page for each separate achievement (maybe starting with difficulty medium) that captures the requieries/goals and strategies to get the achievement or should we include this here on this page? --Skylofter (talk) 21:59, 24 June 2014 (CEST)
- Whenever someone feels like making a strategy guide for an achievement they can make a page for it. We could try to create a list of achievements that could use a guide though. Half a dozen achievements do have guides; they're in Category:Achievements. BTW, you can sign your comments on Talk pages with four tildes (~~~~). ~ Meneth (talk) 22:00, 24 June 2014 (CEST)
- As far as I can tell from the game data, Paradox has not divided the new achievements into groups this time. I don't know if they did that later in the past. Maybe someone else who is more experienced can give more information on that. H4n1baL (talk) 21:55, 11 December 2014 (CET)
- Is it the best to wait with adding the achievements? or add them under 1.9 achievements or something? Aldwoni (talk) 11:49, 12 December 2014 (CET)
Achievement version compatibility
The tables/multicolumns are still broken
- I've noticed this, but sadly have no idea what's causing it. BTW, sign talk-page comments with four tildes (~~~~). ~ Meneth (talk) 15:41, 5 February 2015 (CET)
The Three Mountains
I'm fairly sure that "The Three Mountains" is in fact impossible. I'm quite a fan of DDRJake and how he always finds ways to make the game look silly, but the exploits he used in this particular run effectively gave him unlimited monarch points, stability, and started him off with maximum army tradition and prestige in 1444. I don't see this being very different from using cheat engine or console commands. Though, being immune to coalitions because of protectorate status is something I'm rather fond of.
Bear in mind that I am in no way trying to undermine his achievement. It took an unthinkable amount of dedication to micromanage all of this, and was still a blast to watch. I am trying to illustrate that despite all of these unintended advantages, and despite such incredible proficiency at the game, he still barely manages to complete the run in around 1817. It cannot be possible without underhand tactics.
Anyway, regardless of your stance on exploits, I think that this TTM needs to be in a tier of its' own. Getting 500 provinces as Najd, conquering Europe as the Goths or WC as England can actually be done without exploits, and are objectively easier. They are no cakewalk on their own, but, compared to Ryukyu WC, they are. ~ Pijama Llama (talk) 17:05, 5 February 2015 (CET)
- The game doesn't know if you're exploiting its bugs, so the achievement is possible to get. A note is certainly warranted though (much like how Shahanshah is in "very easy" due to being extremely simple due to a bug, while normally it'd be in "very hard"). I'll add one. ~ Meneth (talk) 17:08, 5 February 2015 (CET)