Want a chance to win a copy of CKII, HoI3 Collection, or €40 in PDX store credit? Check out the wiki's contest.
From Europa Universalis 4 Wiki
- 1 New features
- 2 Gamebalance
- 3 AI
- 4 Multiplayer
- 5 Interface Improvements
- 6 User Modding
- 7 Achievements & Ironman
- 8 Events & Decisions
- 9 Setup
- 10 Stability & performance
- 11 Major Bugfixes
- 12 Minor Bugfixes
- 13 References
Patch 1.3 was released on the 29th of October.
- Three new countries can now be formed through decision. Hannover, Westfalia and Greece.
- Minor enhancements to Africa done, with national ideas for Kongo & Mali, cavalry for sub-saharan technology group, flavor events for Kongo, Ethiopia, Mali & Songhai, and a new revolter country Jolof.
- The Knights have gained unique national ideas.
- 5 new achievements, Just a Little Patience, Nobody wants to die, Double the Love, Turning the Tide, Liberty or Death.
- New ledgerpage added, showing the location of all trade goods in the world.
- Rebalanced land combat algorithms to be based on direct values instead of relative bonuses. aka, late-game is as bloody as early game.
- Moved away the quality impact from scaling weapon modifier to scale actual damage.
- There is now damage on morale on units in the back-line during a land combat.
- Tweaked up strength damage slightly in land combat.
- Naval landings now have a penalty of -2.
- Province tradepower is now given to controller of province, not owner.
- Trade steering now also modifies the amount of money that goes forward from a trade node you have a trader in.
- Fleets now leave settlement whenever it is destroyed, instead of dying.
- You can no longer detach blockades if its only transports left in it.
- Unitmovement is now cancelled when a unit attached to another unit.
- You can't do harsh treatments in a province you don't control
- Moving units through a siege does no longer give them a ghost 1% attrition.
- Attaching units now syncs their movement to the target unit.
- You can now enter ally's occupied TI provinces when at war.
- Patrols no longer warp to adjacent ports when set on patrol.
- Disabled forced march on inherited units.
- Splitted units now keep their exile status.
- Fixed an issue where units could get stuck at the edge of a battle, leading to an never ending battle.
- Its no longer possible to sell provinces to anyone at war.
- Tweaked down lucky impact on inheritances from +10% to +5%.
- Annexation & Integration progress is now halted if the capital of the minor is occupied.
- Expansion cb is only on those with capital in Asia, and is also accessible to ottoman techgroup.
- Countries will no longer lose cores on non-culturegroup provinces when annexed
- Integrating or annexing an overseas vassal/unionpartner is now far slower.
- Releasing a primitive country as a vassal no longer gives them your technology.
War & Peace
- Can no longer release a nation if all its provinces are already promised to another nation to be released.
- Fixed a cash exploit in peace negotiations.
- Revoking electorate through war now reduces Imperial Authority by 10.
- When Japan forces a daimyo to release another daimyo, that daimyo will become a vassal of Japan
- Cancel all access with lesser union partners as well (previously only canceled with vassals) when going to war against them.
- Fixed issue with changing side in the war when making someone your vassal
- An overlord called into a war by a vassal will now call its personal union warlord.
- Daimyos will now call in their own coalitions, not their Shoguns (fix for all nations that allow vassal war)
- You cannot take the last provinces of a country while also releasing nations from that country.
- Newly formed vassals will not force you to join their old wars.
- Fixed an issue where a country would be considered at war when it actually was not.
- Fixed an exploit where you could immediately revassalize a country after being forced to release it in war
- Players can now be replaced as warleader in a defensive war as well.
- You can no longer leave coalitions if you are at war with the target.
- Insults now decay.
- You will no longer get AE from inheriting another country.
- Canceled vassals no longer get "At war" negative modifier with the country that canceled them.
- 'Was at War' opinion modifier is now applied at the end of a war.
- Rev & Counter-rev gives 50% AE instead of 75%.
- Maintenance costs for colonies above limit is now properly adding +100% that it was missing before.
- Cotton now only gives +5% colonist chance.
- Coring costs are now correct for colonies started before a tag change.
- Defender of the faith wargoal can now be applied when declaring war.
- Defender of the faith now gives normal Deus vult CB as well.
- Now you need to wait 36 months between excommunication.
- HRE members of same religion as emperor will no longer get upset when emperor enforces religious unity on another member.
- The Test Act, Superintendent Office, The Popery Act & The Conventicle Act is now cleared when converting religion.
- Cores will now expire on the correct date
- Enabling wartaxes no longer increases WE by 1.
- Unions now end when the subject dislikes the overlord, as tooltips says.
- Lesser countries in a union no longer get stability hits when the monarch dies.
- Pretenders breaking a union also breaks the royal marriage.
- Can no longer change luck in a saved game.
- Unions breaking from event effects now give proper CB & shows message as well.
- Pretenders taking control in lesser union countries now breaks the union.
- You can no longer core provinces adjacent to overseas vassals, unless in colonial range.
- AI: Less likely to switch attitudes and become hostile/rival towards an ally
- AI: Higher priority on building temples
- AI: Less likely to choose allies as rivals
- AI: Less predictable about who they will choose as a rival
- AI is now less willing to peace early in a war
- Fixed a bug where rebels could get exiled
- Attached AI units that are exiled will now detach to go home
- Reduced AI skill with armies on Low difficulty
- Fixed a bug where the invasion AI would launch suicide attacks on provinces under siege
- Fixed a bug that caused the AI to launch suicidal naval invasions of besieged provinces
- Fixed a bug that was causing exiled AI units to not return home
- AI should no longer throw away leaders if it has less than pool allows.
- Fixed a bug which made the AI very unlikely to send missionaries.
- Fixed bug in MP where all players would assume control of a released vassal if "play as vassal" was selected.
- Can no longer choose random country after clicking ready in MP
- Fixed two different Out of Syncs.
- Fixed one major reason for OOS_67.
- Change Government: Don't show legitimacy in confirm dialog for non-monarch
- The tooltip for "advisors slots available" alert is now clearer
- Actions that aren't available after the crusades ended (1650) are now visible but disabled
- Added icon for war overview for countries that cannot negotiate peace (b/c of unions, vassals, etc.)
- Added icon in Diplomacy view for members of the HRE.
- Added icon for non negotiable participant in waroverview.
- Fixed Enforce peace message to others so its clear who signed peace with whom, and who enforced it.
- Too many diplomatic relations shows how many over you are.
- Added a type to CCallAllyAction so you can more easily find how you were brought into the war.
- Fix CB tooltips displaying countries repeatedly.
- Distinguish between allies and coalition members when declaring war.
- Sorted values in the "will AI accept peace?" tooltip in the peace view.
- Added shield list to peace negotiation window so you can easily switch to other nations you are able to negotiate with.
- Disabled "decrement gold" button in the peace view, if the current gold is 0.
- Fixed scrollbar location in peace view
- Now shows the owner of the colony's chance of attracting people, rather than the player's hypothetical chance.
- Fixed accidentally renaming provinces to "Random province name"
- Selecting Harsh Treatment now updates the other Harsh Treatment buttons according to remaining MIL power.
- Changed in localisation so native "hostility" and "aggressiveness" (the same thing) is now known as "aggressiveness"
- Enemy core creation modifier now showed as red since it is a negative modifier.
- Fixed tooltip for claims so it shows correct information when a claim will be lost.
- Don't show misleading tooltip for colonization growth while colonist is traveling.
- The window for building a building that enhances manpower in a province that has >100% manpower inefficiency no longer shows a negative increase in manpower.
- Fixed missing click sound on sort leader icons
- Fixed a display issue where units were in combat, but was not displayed as such.
- Forcemarch can now always be toggled off.
- Display correct military tactics value from insufficient support penalty in combat.
- Made the text for "make ruler/heir general" a bit clearer
- Fixed missing tooltips for shock, fire, and morale pips.
- Forced march tooltip text should work again.
- Update supply limit tooltip text to be more clear.
- Added explanation of the yellow stripes to the HRE mapmode tooltip.
- Changed Revolt mapmode so it can show a greater range of revolt risks
- Fixed so that clicking a country with the diplomacy tab open updates the coalition map mode
- Changed supply mapmode so that the colors are relative to the provinces with the currently lowest and highest supply limit.
- Better tooltip text in colonization mapmode.
- Fixed swapped tooltips for vassalage in diplomatic mapmode
- Repeat TI texture slightly more to make it tile perfectly.
- Colonization mapmode colors and tooltips now reflect more accurate what is possible and not.
- Added base outgoing value to tooltips for the outgoing links on the trade map mode.
- Building complete message should now be working
- A negative change in native aggressiveness or ferocity is now shown with green digits in events.
- You now only get papal controller messages if you are catholic.
- Fixed Call To Arms message to the Defender of the Faith so that it correctly shows why you are called into the war.
- Show province names for provinces that was in TI when going to observe mode.
- Message about enemy's allies joining your war should now be triggered.
- Show merchant status in tooltip, since it can be hard to see what they are doing when they have long names.
- Annexation should now correctly update in outliner, also it should show consistent progress both in diplomacy view and outliner.
- Clarified decay factors in the prestige tooltip.
- Revolt risk alert tooltip should now update when revolt risks changes.
- Added tooltip text to explain that legitimacy is taken from leader when you are lesser in a union.
- Added tooltips and hiding of incompatible savegame functionality to the ingame load menu as well.
- Fixed buttons becoming greyed out when they should not in release nations screen.
- Fixed so you can sort overextension on cores.
- Don't set options unless clicking accept button.
- Fix tab order in host game window.
- Reset the correct text when clicking in matchmaking window.
- Fixed certain cases that could cause you to click "through" the interface.
- Shortcut keys have been added to country selection screen.
- define_heir and define_ruler can now set the age of the person
- every_empty_neighbor_province effect now works correctly
- Made a new effect for revolt risk in every country to reduce message spam for big countries.
- Added "mods loaded" tag in save files
- dynasty names from define_ruler is now used for republics as well if used.
- Removed OCCUPATION_PROV_VAL_DECAY values from defines.lua as they are no longer used.
- fx files now work properly for steam workshop.
- Should no longer be possible to crash the game with weird names
Achievements & Ironman
- Great leader for achievement is 5 or 6 fire, and 5 or 6 shock, nothing else now.
- Fixed FOW/TI console command exploit in iron man mode
Events & Decisions
- Tweaked quite a few requirements for country decisions.
- Event flavor_pol.3488 "Turko-Polish Tension" should no longer spawn if there's already a claim/core
- conventicle_act is now available for Christian countries instead of just Catholic
- Event spawning Ikko-ikki rebels should no longer make them friendly to the owner of the province
- Fixed a few bugs with Turkish events relating to provincial system & the devshirme that made them not fire.
- Tweaked chances for quite a lot of missions.
- nerfed national ideas for some minor countries.
- MCH_ideas are available for QNG tag as well
- Fixed MCH claims in Korea being converted to QNG claims after 1645
- Replaced MCH legacy in history files with QNG
- Castile and Aragon are no longer historical friends
- Castile and Aragon will now tend to pick personalities that make them less likely to fight while The Iberian Wedding can still fire
Stability & performance
- Improved detection of when we should update opinion cache (rival, military rating and alliance changes)
- Optimized a case where large rebel forces was spawned.
- Settings from a savegame file is now used when loaded.
- Settings stored in gameplaysettings.txt is used by default.
- Fix crash when inspecting battle lines.
- Fixed a crash and a UI layout issue related to rival selection.
- Fixed bug where the game would crash when the player was annexed.
- Fixed crash if a subunitdefinition was not found.
- Fixed crash in border system related to wasteland provinces
- Fixed crash that occurred when selecting a saved game while text was already selected.
- Fixed a crash that could happen when going back and forth between main menu and in game.
- Don't send trade goods message threaded (caused crash on OSX and Linux)
- Fixed a bug where units would get incorrectly exiled after the end of a war
- The attacker now stays attacker after an ally in a battle makes peace.
- Fixed another bug that was causing trade fleets to be sent to the wrong side of the Red Sea
- Outliner: Fixed issue with wrong country being displayed as annexing
- Added missing gfx combat_terrain for desert_mountain
- Strait information should now be correct after exiting and reloading a game.
- Apply triggered modifiers at load and not at first monthly update.
- Fixed so that capitals, units and buildings stays consistent when cycling through bookmarks before the start of a game.
- Asian level 4 now have correct cavalry graphics
- Fixed bug where protecting trade would not work if you owned all provinces in node
- Fixed bug where no modifiers that decreased fabrication time were applied.
- Fixed bug where interesting countries would be reset on loading game
- Fixed bug where interesting country calculation would add all countries
- Fixed bug where some nations would be shown as undiscovered in the diplomacy UI
- Fixed bug where fabricate claim time could not be reduced by modifiers.
- Fixed bug where fleets could not protect trade of Novgorod Trade Node if they started in Gulf of Finland.
- Fixed bug where supply limit mapmode would not be updated if a new unit was selected.
- Fixed some minor typos in various parts of the game.
- Fixed claim reduction percentage in LOADING_TIP_10
- Added missing localization for Go to button in decision message
- Added missing localization for FUTURECARDINALDEAD_TITLE and FUTURECARDINALLOYALTYSTOP_TITLE
- Country: Don't save relation for null tag in save game
- Removed fabricate claim message that was not true ("agent expelled and sent home").
- Fixed text colorization issue.
- Fix tooltip when taking many provinces.
- Fixed erroneous tooltip for offensive morale when recruiting regiments in province view.
- Fixed bug where refusing military access to someone meant that you would like them less, instead of the other way around.
- Fixed bug where the DIP cost would not be zero for vassalization even though it was the wargoal.
- Fixed bug where no DIP power was deducted when annexing.
- Fixed bug where you could vassalize countries that had all their countries already ceded.
- Fixed bug where mapmodes would not update on province deselct
- Fixed bug where province would not be selected when clicking "select province" in siege view
- Fixed bug where "suggest peace" would add returns of cores that were promised to other nations.
- Fixed bug where released nations would not get a truce with the country that forced them to be released.
- Fixed bug where going back to start menu would not reset secondary map mode
- If subunit definitions are not found, will now default to preferred infantry type (aka, support usermods)
- Eastern Start Bastion icon fix.
- Cb on pagans now fits properly in NI frame.