- +10% National tax modifier
- +10% Light ship combat ability
- +15% Global trade power
- +0.5 Yearly republican tradition
Walls of Hamburg
- +25% Fort defense
First Constitution of Hamburg
- −1 National unrest
School of the Johanneum
- −10% Idea cost
- +10% Production efficiency
- −1 Interest per annum
Shipyards of the Elbe
- −10% Ship costs
- +25% Naval force limit modifier
Hamburg is a free city of the Holy Roman Empire. In the 1444 start it is allied to Lübeck.
As the ideas of the Enlightenment are sweeping through Europe, we may choose to embrace them ourselves in Westphalia. Our future model state will feature ideas as revolutionary as equal rights for all male population, freedom for serfs and emancipation for the Jews, as well as enabling of free enterprise through abolition of socage and the guilds.
Westphalia does not exist.
If the country is AI-controlled,
- it can not be a former colonial nation.
- it can not be a custom nation.
- changes to Westphalia.
- changes government to a administrative monarchy.
- sets capital to Kassel (1762).
- gets kingdom rank if the country was a duchy rank.
- gets the modifier “Increased Decentralization” for 20 years with the following effects:
- +0.05 monthly autonomy change,
- −1 national unrest.
- gets permanent claims on all provinces of Westphalia (area) and Lower Saxony that are not owned by Westphalia.
- gets permanent claims on the provinces Magdeburg (52), Hessen (81), Kassel (1762) and Altmark (2964) that are not owned by Westphalia.
- gains 25 prestige.
A random owned province:
- gains 1 base tax.
Regardless of the absence of a strong, central authority, our nation is prospering. The Hanseatic League, formed by hundreds of towns in northern Germany, has contributed to the prosperity of our nation. Intellectual growth, combined with sea and overland trading, has also helped spur the development and transform our country into a wealthy manufacturing center.
Form German Nation
Germany does not exist.
If the country is AI-controlled then it:
- has an administrative technology of at least 20.
- is not a subject nation other than a tributary state.
- is not a nomad nation.
- is not at war.
- is not the emperor of the HRE.
- owns its core provinces:
- Hamburg (44), Rostock (46), Berlin (50), Brunswick (57), Dresden (61), Thüringen (63), München (65), Nürnberg (67), Hessen (81), Köln (85), Pfalz (1761), Augsburg (1868) and Frankfurt (1876).
- Königsberg (41) or Elsass (75).
- changes to Germany.
- gets empire government rank.
- leaves the Holy Roman Empire.
- gets permanent claims on all provinces of North Germany and South Germany that are not owned by Germany.
- gains 25 prestige.
- gets the modifier “Increased Centralization” for 20 years with the following effects:
- −0.05 Monthly autonomy change
- +1 National unrest
The emperor of the Holy Roman Empire:
- gets the opinion modifier “Left the Holy Roman Empire” towards Germany worth:
- −150 opinion with a yearly decay of 1.
- gets the event ‘Germany breaks out of the Empire’.