Europa Universalis 4 Wiki:Contest
The wiki ran a contest starting on 2016-10-11 when the Rights of Man expansion is released, and ending at 2016-10-22 at 2000 CEST.
Users can enter the contest by contributing to the wiki during that time span. Various actions give raffle tickets; the more tickets one amassed, the more likely one is to win. Fixed prizes are also given out to the top three contributors by number of tickets
The three users with the most tickets will each get a discount voucher for the Paradox Web Store. This can be used for any combination of digital goods (limited to at most one copy of each individual product) in a single transaction, but cannot be applied to physical goods:
- 1st place gets a 90% off voucher - Won by Romaoplays (425 tickets)
- 2nd place gets a 75% off voucher - Won by Philadelphus (303 tickets)
- 3rd place gets a 50% off voucher - Won by Barykker (112 tickets)
Further winners will be selected using a random number generator. The prizes will be drawn in the order listed below. An entrant's chance of winning is proportional to the number of tickets they've obtained. The top three contributors by number of tickets are also entered in the raffle.
A total of 12 prizes will be raffled off:
- 4 copies of the Crusader Kings II Gold (raffled individually) - Won by Romaoplays (425 tickets), Philadelphus (303 tickets), Tr3qwerty (24 tickets), and Dj09ou (18 tickets)
- 4 copies of the Hearts of Iron 3 base game (raffled individually) - Won by Romaoplays (425 tickets), Philadelphus (303 tickets), Neondt (17 tickets), and Barykker (112 tickets)
- 4 copies of the Victoria 2 Collection (raffled individually) - Won by Romaoplays (425 tickets), Frozen Spook (24 tickets), 123e55 (66 tickets), and Barykker (112 tickets)
(Crusader Kings II Gold consists of Crusader Kings II and the following DLC: Dynasty Shields, The Mongols, Ruler Designer, Songs of Albion, Songs of Faith, Songs of Holy Land)
It is not possible to win more than one copy of each game, but it is possible to win one of each.
Rules and guidelines
- All entrants must register an account on the wiki; anonymous edits are not counted unless they can be clearly connected to a registered user (E.G., in cases where the user was accidentally logged out)
- The entrant must have access to the email address they've defined for their account, as prizes will be sent via email. Note that by default the Paradox Account email address is used
- If you have changed the email address of your Paradox Account since registering on the Paradox Wikis, you should update your email address on the wikis. Otherwise, it may take longer than normal for you to receive your prize(s) if you were to win
- Only edits after the start of the contest count
- Any vandalism will cause all raffle tickets earned by the entrant to be forfeit
- Paradox Wikis moderator Dauth decides whether a raffle ticket has been earned based on the guidelines below. Between the start of the contest and 23:59 CEST 2016-10-13 Paradox Wikis half-operator SolSys will be awarding tickets
- Entrants should read the style guidelines in order to ensure their edits are up to the wiki's standards. Edit summaries are encouraged, but not required except where otherwise specified
- Administrators and Moderators cannot enter the contest
- To prevent a conflict of interest, halfops are discouraged from editing the contest page
- Any action on the list undertaken between the release of Rights of Man and the end of the contest will earn tickets.
A large variety of tasks will earn you tickets; everything from updating pages, to writing strategies, to modding information, to creating pages on new features. All tasks are listed below.
Anything that involves the creation of a new page or section assumes that the resulting page is rated B or above, and has no resulting ambox requests (
Any task that gives "at minimum" a number of tickets can give more than that number if the quality and/or thoroughness of the writing is higher than expected.
The first three tasks give more tickets the more outdated the page/section/infobox is. The base ticket amount is multiplied according to the following table:
|1.16 & 1.17||1|
|1.14 & 1.15||2|
|1.12 & 1.13||4|
|1.10 & 1.11||8|
- Ensure that pages are up to date. See outdated pages for a list of potentially outdated articles. If no changes are necessary for the page to be considered up to date, a justification must be written in the edit summary or on its Talk page. This gives a base amount of 1 ticket per page updated
- Ensure that page sections are up to date. See outdated sections for a list of pages with potentially outdated sections. If no changes are necessary for the section to be considered up to date, a justification must be written in the edit summary or on the page's Talk page. This gives a base amount of 0.25 ticket per section updated. Note that when the section is up to date the section versioning should not be removed, but rather set to "1.18". This will make it stop displaying until 1.19 is released.
- Ensure that infoboxes are up to date. See outdated infoboxes for a list of pages with potentially outdated infoboxes. If no changes are necessary for the infobox to be considered up to date, a justification must be written in the edit summary or on the page's Talk page. This gives a base amount of 1 ticket per 10 infoboxes updated. Note that when the infobox is up to date the versioning should not be removed, but rather set to "1.18". This will make it stop displaying until 1.19 is released.
- Improving an article by such an extent that it is reassessed at a higher level. See Category:Articles by quality for information on how assessment works. This gives at minimum 2 tickets
- Adding a strategy guide to a page in Category:Needs strategy guide. Note that the strategy guide must either be your own work, or another person's work used with permissions and significantly reworked to comply with the wiki's style guidelines. This gives at minimum 2 tickets
- Write a page about an important modding concept. This gives at minimum 4 tickets
- Other improvements to the wiki give tickets based on the judgement of the person assigning tickets. Content additions, structure improvements, and grammar improvements are prime examples of contributions that'd fall under this
Mechanics pages are worth more than other pages to update, the changes and rewards are shown below.
|Page||Version||Required changes||Tickets breakdown||Total tickets|
|Advisor||1.18||Update to 1.18, update images or remove, change formulas to latex||3 for formulas (in example)||3|
|Alliance||1.18||Update formulae and remove background, update images||2 for formulae, 2 for images doubled||8|
|Areas, Regions, Superregions||1.16||Update to 1.18||2 tickets doubled||4|
|Army||1.16||Update to 1.18, remove indent for formulae||8 tickets for update, 2 for style doubled||20|
|Canal||1.14||Update to 1.18||4 tickets doubled||8|
|Casus belli||1.12||Update to 1.18||9 tickets doubled||18|
|Claim||1.14||Update to 1.18, link to generic events/decisions/missions which give claims do not list country specific ones, fix reference error||3 tickets, 3 for events/decisions/missions, 1 for error fix doubled||14|
|Colonization||1.16||Update to 1.18||3 tickets doubled||6|
|Condottieri||1.16||Update to 1.18||2 tickets doubled||4|
|Diplomacy||1.12||Update to 1.18||11 tickets doubled||22|
|Diplomatic feedback||1.14||Update to 1.18||4 tickets doubled||8|
|Discipline||1.15||Update to 1.18||3 tickets doubled||6|
|Espionage||1.18||Update to 1.18, add in study technology||1 tickets for example images (top bar / right list), 2 for study technology doubled||6|
|Events||Timeless||Detail on mechanisms of triggered and pulse events||8 tickets doubled||16|
|Factions||1.18||Detail how the factions mechanics work and add tables for bonus for increasing/decreasing influence||4 for mechanics, 4 for tables doubled||16|
|Government||1.13||Update to 1.18, add new Ottoman and Prussian Governments||19 for updates, quadrupled||76|
|Holy Roman Empire||1.12||Update to 1.18||15 tickets doubled||30|
|Idea groups||1.16||Update to 1.18||3 tickets doubled||6|
|Land units||1.17||Update to 1.18, update images||1 for update, 1 for images doubled||4|
|Land warfare||1.13||Update to 1.18, correct style mistakes||13 for update, 2 for style fixes doubled||30|
|Military leader||1.12||Update to 1.18||12 for update doubled||24|
|Military tradition||1.12||Update to 1.18, fix formulae||10 for update, 2 for formula fix, doubled||24|
|Naval units||1.15||Update to 1.18||6 tickets doubled||12|
|Naval warfare||1.18||Update to 1.18, detail engagement width and describe setting naval missions, add formulae for target selection, hull damage and morale damage||3 tickets for update, 4 for engagement width, 4 for naval missions, 4 for formula for target selection, 4 for formula for hull damage, 4 for formula for morale damage, tripled||69|
|Navy||1.16||Update to 1.18||7 tickets doubled||14|
|Overextension||1.16||Update to 1.18||6 tickets doubled||12|
|Policies||1.17||Update to 1.18||2 tickets doubled||4|
|Power projection||1.18||Update to 1.18, remove incorrect information||1 tickets (for missing info), 2 for improved presentation doubled||6|
|Production||1.16||Update to 1.18||2 tickets doubled||4|
|Protectorate||1.16||Update to 1.18||2 tickets for update doubled||4|
|Province||1.15||Update to 1.18, detail winters properly||Winters 2 tickets, update 6 tickets, doubled||16|
|Raid Coasts||1.18||Expand with efficiency calculations and expected revenue||2 for calculations, 2 for expected revenue, doubled||8|
|Random New World||1.17||Update to 1.18, add in new tiles||2 for update, 2 for new tiles, doubled||8|
|Relations||1.15||Update to 1.18, remove you and your and put into third person,||4 for update, doubled||8|
|Religion||1.14||Update to 1.18||9 for update doubled||18|
|Religions and denominations||1.15||Update to 1.18, add in new Coptic mechanics (describe holy sites and current owners), rearrange South American/Mesoamerican religions to match page style and describe religious reforms in dedicated section|| 1 for Coptic (add holy site provinces + owners),
|Ruler||1.18||Update to 1.18, Queens, abdication and disinheriting||1 tickets (for missing info)||1|
|Sailors||1.18||Add in detail on sailors per province||1 for detail on sailors per province, doubled||2|
|Score system||1.17||Update to 1.18||2 tickets doubled||4|
|Subject nation||1.18||Update to 1.18 add Military focus for subjects, add view subject's information, add build/develop in subjects||1 tickets (for missing info)||1|
|Tax||1.14||Update to 1.18, Move TOC above formula, removed indent and background colour from formula||6 tickets doubled||12|
|Territories and states||1.16||Update to 1.18||2 for update, doubled||4|
|Trade||1.12||Update to 1.18, update images, remove background from formulae, rewrite using information on talk page||15 for update text, 6 for rewrite, 1 for formulae, 1 for images, doubled||46|
|Trade company||1.14||Update to 1.18, update image||5 for update, 2 for image, doubled||14|
|Triggered modifiers||1.16||Update to 1.18||1 ticket, doubled||2|
|Warfare||1.16||Update to 1.18||5 tickets, doubled||10|
|War exhaustion||1.17||Update to 1.18||2 tickets, doubled||4|
High value tasks
These tasks are of high importance to the wiki and as such are worth more than their components would be.
- Expand Movement speed for armies and navies - 2 tickets
- Add in new Achievements with images in the correct category - 6 tickets
- Populate mechanics page - group up and redistribute missing links on current mechanics page in a more sensible manner - 4 tickets
- Guides for Interface modding, Trade company modding, Estate modding, Random New World modding, Parliament modding, Rebel modding, Random new world tile modding, Trade node modding, 4 tickets each
- Update the changes made to religions and denominations in the CK2 2.6.2 patch - 4 tickets (3 for page + 1 for images upload)
Interface updates and controls
- Artificial intelligence - 5
- Controls - 3
- Country interface - 4
- Ingame screen - 4
- Ledger - 5
- Multiplayer - 8
- Options - 1
- Province interface - 6
- User interface - 3
Rights of Man/1.18
A number of features are introduced or changed in patch 1.18. Having info on this is highly important to the wiki, and is thus highly rewarded compared to the effort involved:
- Ruler personalities - 8 tickets
- Native reform mechanic - describe how reforming as a native has been changed 4 tickets
- New Culture mechanics - 8 tickets
- Queens and Queen regencies - 4 tickets
- Military focus for subjects - 4 tickets
- Coptic religion changes - 4 tickets
- Revolutionary Republic Factions - 4 tickets
- A section on the ruler page about the "abdicate" function - 2 tickets
- A section on the ruler page about the "disinherit" function - 2 tickets
- Ottoman Government mechanics - 2 tickets
- Prussian Government mechanics - 2 tickets
- View subject's information - 2 tickets
- Build and develop in subjects - 2 tickets
- Minimap updates - 2 tickets
- Bodycount feature - 2 tickets
- Strengthen Government - 2 tickets
- Abandon personal union - 2 tickets
- Ghost option in multiplayer - 2 tickets
Old page updates
There are a number of very outdated pages on the wiki. The prizes for updating them are listed below. Note that mechanics pages which are outdated are instead listed above. These values have been quadrupled from their original value.
There are several pages on the wiki which have been tagged as rewrites. This means the page has several issues which are against the style guide. The tickets below do not include bonuses for updating a page so an entrant will be awarded more tickets if they update the page too.
|Raja of the Rajput Reich||10|
Some of the flags are low resolution and high resolution (800x533 to 1000x667) ones are desired. This is not the same as stretching the image (see the history of File:Apache.png for an example of what not to do). Each flag uploaded with correct copyright is worth 1 ticket.
- File:East Frisia.png
- File:Kanem Bornu.png
- File:La Plata.png
- File:Lan Na.png
- File:Rewa Kantha.png
- File:Sarig Yogir.png
For most of the above, no report of the action is necessary. A descriptive edit summary is enough. Please only contact Dauth about tickets if you've got any complaints about the # of tickets given, if 72 or more hours after your actions you've yet to receive any tickets, or for the circumstances described below. Questions about anything else are welcome at any time and will be answered as soon as possible.
If you believe you have made a significant contribution ("Other significant improvements to the wiki"), or that your ticket-earning contributions have been missed, this can be reported at User talk:Dauth.
All earned tickets are be listed below on a per-user basis. There is no need to notify Dauth that one is entering the contest (except for the specific contributions mentioned above); it is assumed everyone wants a chance at winning a prize.
Fractional tickets are only used for accounting progress towards an entrant's next ticket. In the raffle, ticket numbers are always rounded down.
- When updating a section remember to also mark the new versioning.
- When updating old articles refer to changes from past patches as well (not just the last one).