Europa Universalis 4 Wiki:Contest
The wiki ran a contest, which started on 2014-10-30 and ended on 2014-11-15 20:00 CET.
Users could enter the contest by contributing to the wiki. Various actions gave raffle tickets; the more tickets one amassed, the more likely one was to win. Whoever gained the most tickets was also guaranteed to win a prize.
TheWinner, having obtained the most tickets (76) will be given Art of War, or any other Steam game of their choice costing as much as Art of War.
Further winners were selected using a random number generator. A single entrant could not win more than one prize (not including the prize for most tickets). The prizes were be drawn in the order listed below. An entrant's chance of winning was proportional to the number of tickets they've obtained.
- Crusader Kings II - Sol717 (38 tickets)
- Crusader Kings II - Phriyion (46 tickets)
- Hearts of Iron III Collection - Amberkilloran (25 tickets)
- Hearts of Iron III Collection - Pyroclastic (6 tickets)
- Europa Universalis 4 Deluxe Edition + Conquest of Paradise - Czone (1 ticket)
- All entrants must register an account on the wiki
- The entrant must have access to the email address they've defined for their account, as prizes will be sent via email
- Any vandalism will cause all raffle tickets earned by the entrant to be forfeit
- The admin (Meneth) decides whether a raffle ticket has been earned based on the guidelines below
- Entrants must read the style guidelines in order to ensure their edits are up to the wiki's standards
- Administrators and halfops cannot enter the contest
The following actions earn entrants a single raffle ticket:
- Correcting 5-10 (depending on rework needed) spelling, grammar, or minor factual mistakes on the wiki. Note that British vs. American English does not count
- Replacing a 192x128 flags with 800x533 versions or above, to a max of 1000x666. Note that the replacement must not be upscaled, and must be similar to the in-game flag. Note that only flags that have emblems or similar will count, as simple geometric shapes do not see any real improvement from higher resolution
- Verifying a piece of uncertain info on a page that needs verification
- Ensure that two pages are up to date. See outdated pages for a list of potentially outdated articles. If no changes are necessary for the page to be considered up to date, a justification must be written in the edit summary or on its Talk page
- Update four outdated page sections. See outdated pages for a list of potentially outdated articles. Most of these are versioned by section. If no changes are necessary for the section to be considered up to date, a justification must be written in the edit summary or on the page's Talk page
The following actions earn a varying number of raffle tickets. Generally two or more:
- Improving an article by such an extent that it is reassessed at a higher level. See Category:Articles by quality for information on how assessment works
- Significantly improving an A-class or FA-class article
- Adding a strategy guide to a page in Category:Needs strategy guide. Note that the strategy guide must either be your own work, or another person's work used with permissions and significantly reworked to comply with the wiki's style guidelines
- Rewrite an existing strategy guide or page to conform with the style guidelines
- Write a page about an important modding concept
- Other significant improvements to the wiki
Any action on the list undertaken between the release of Art of War and the end of the raffle will earn tickets.
For most of the above, no report of the action is necessary. A descriptive edit summary is enough.
Correction of spelling/grammar mistakes has to be reported to Meneth. This can be done at User talk:Meneth. Simply state that you believe you've fixed enough issues, and Meneth will check your edit history.
If users believe they had made a significant contribution ("Other significant improvements to the wiki"), or that their ticket-earning contributions have been missed, this can be reported at User talk:Meneth.
All earned tickets are be listed below on a per-user basis. There is no need to notify Meneth that one was entering the contest (except for the specific contributions mentioned above); it is assumed everyone wants a chance at winning a prize.